Lifestyle: Life After Therapy? You’ll Never Guess How It Feels

Four years ago, I was at work having one of the worst days of my life. Along with the standard physical effects of panic and anxiety, my mood was low and sluggish, characterised by an emptiness with which, by now, I was only too familiar. I marched myself outside and searched desperately for a quiet place to sit where no one could see me cry. I have suffered from anxiety and depression my entire adult life (maybe longer), but this was the first time I thought to myself, I do not know what to do. I cannot cope. I googled “therapist near me” and found someone within five minutes. On the phone, I laid out my appeal: please see me straight away and could he bring down his hourly rate?

from Mr Porter - The Journal https://ift.tt/5ulsbI9
via IFTTT

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post