Lifestyle: How To Stop The Football Season Ruining Your Actual Life

Despite been something of a football anorak since the age of seven when I first subscribed to Shoot! magazine, I’d always considered myself quite good at seeing football for what it was – an absorbing but ultimately trivial distraction from the big stuff. Last season, however, I felt something new. Anger. My team Chelsea’s new self-styled “disruptor” owners appeared to have completely lost their minds. The club’s most popular and successful coach in years was gone in a flash, an entirely new coaching staff was shipped in largely on their success in the Swedish lower leagues and a squad that had won the Champions League just 15 months earlier was squeezed out in favour of a cast of unknowns signed for huge fees on eight-year contracts, apparently to get round some accounting loophole.

from Mr Porter - The Journal https://ift.tt/jUZdvTi
via IFTTT

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post